RDU Strategic Roles And Principles Of Operation
The RDU’s functions and strategic roles fulfill vital security needs in a complex and continually evolving security environment.
These roles ARE OUR FOCUS as we shape the Unit of the future.
- Saving of Lives
- Neutralizing the Enemy
- Restore and Sustain Peace
- To prohibit conduct that is prejudicial to the good order and discipline that may threaten the National Security of Kenya.
- Provide well trained personnel for deterrence, sustained tactical activities/ land combat, and conflict termination across the country or in areas of vital interest.
- Maintain combat-ready general and special operations personnel for instantaneous (rapid) contingencies Country Wide.
- Maintain standby personnel (at least a company) at all times at the RDU HQ facility able to reinforce APS, RDU personnel and other Security Agencies anywhere in the Country at short notice.
- Participate in disaster relief, emergency assistance, and interdiction of illicit weapons traffic.
- Provide tactical support to Other Specialized Units, Security Agencies and Government Agencies across the Country.
- Defend the country in times of war